Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Home Sweet Home...

I don't know if all of you have known about my standing application with DBP - Gensan.
It has been there for awhile, actually... Standing...since May 2008.
I was not really counting on getting hired for several reasons.
First, I just sent my application through the internet.
Second, I was not sure that there are openings. It was just a spurt of the moment-thing.
Third, I got pregnant in October and it was during that time when they called up and informed me that I was considered to take their pre-employment examination.

It was a whole day examination.
From 9am until 4:30pm.
I was on my first month of pregnancy and you could just imagine the morning sickness I was going through...
It was unthinkable.
Never really thought I could make it...

But I did.
After being tired of waiting for the result, they finally called me up around the last week of January, informing me that I am being considered for a position.
Hah! Just when I least expected it...

So, yesterday, after I printed out my resignation letter, I talked to my boss.
I guess she must have somehow expected it because she didn't make such a big fuss about it.
By now, my resignation letter, I believe is at HR already.
Oh well...

So, Gensan, here I come...
After years of being away, I'll be back.
Back to the place I've come to love and hate at the same time.
I'm kinda scared thinking about it last night.
I've come to love DAvao so much...
With its busy but tolerable frenzy environment...
Traffice lights, overpass structures, pedestrian lanes, and the "Green Traffic Men" in the streets...
... Lovely coffeeshops and all night long transportation...
... Stylish people... great malls... my "chatter-ful" officemates...
... Sandy... Gaga... my sisters-in-law... our boarding house... (i'm really gonna miss them the most)
... the sense of security and safety that is in the air...
Aaah... I'm really gonna miss it here...

But on the other side, there may be a lot here in Davao that Gensan doesn't have...
But Gensan has what Davao can never offer me...
...My family and long-time friends...
...Neighbors... Familiar people...
... And most of all... HOME...
I don't think I could ever exchange that for anything else...

So, right now, each time I feel sad about leaving Davao in a matter of weeks,
I tell myself:

"Don't worry... You'll be HOME SWEET HOME,after all..."

- Bora ( charing!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright . 2009. Powered by Sandy.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .